Kalahari Holdings (Pty) Limited is a Namibian holding company that is involved in diverse and dynamic investment and business portfolios. The company invites applications from suitably qualiﬁed and experienced professionals to apply for the position: Finance Manager
Primary Purpose of Position:
To oversee the management of finances in the company through the implementation of policies, procedures, accounting systems and internal controls.
Key performance areas:
- Managing the company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Debtors & Creditors Management and liaison with banks.
- Preparation of company and group financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), International Accounting Standards (IAS) and in accordance with Namibian Legislation.
- Ensure that correct and immediate implementation of new financial policies and procedures recommended are approved by the Chief Strategic Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
- Controls all petty cash payments and ensures that the cash book is correctly reconciled.
- Controls expenditures to ensure adherence to the approved limit set out in the departmental budget.
- Devises and implement effective financial control systems to ensure fiscal discipline in the institution.
- Manages corporate bank accounts. Review interest income and bank services charges and negotiate with banks in order to get best returns.
- Review of monthly and yearly audit files and general ledgers to identify any errors and recommend and prepare adjusting journals for approval by the Chief Strategic Officer.
- With the help of the Chief Strategic Officer, prepares yearly budgets of income, expenditure and cash flows.
- Liaising with external auditors and ensure that all resultant recommendations are implemented.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, comparing budgets to actual and submit variance analysis reports to the Chief Strategic Officer.
- Submit quarterly Departmental Action Plans.
- Perform all such tasks and duties incidental to the above or as directed by the Chief Strategic Officer.
- Statutory Calculations (VAT) and ensuring compliance with statutory regulations.
- Support the Chief Strategic Officer in cash management, budgeting and forecasting, policies and procedures, responses to audit findings and trouble shooting in finance and accounting.
- Enforces discipline among subordinates staff in accordance with Kalahari Holdings Disciplinary Code of Conduct. Ensure that subordinate staff are adequately trained, motivated and developed to enable them to perform their duties competently.
Education and Experience requirements
- A minimum qualification of Honour’s Degree in Accounting or Finance,
- CA or Master’s in Accounting/Financial Management will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ Accounting experience of which five (5) years must be at management level.
- Namibian citizen
Key Competencies and Knowledge requirements
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and GAAP
- Excellent knowledge of Pastel Accounting System
- Sound knowledge of Namibian Finance Legislation
- Excellent user of MS Office application, Excel and Power Point
- Good analytical, decisive and problem-solving skills
Candidates who meet the job requirements are invited to submit applications at Kalahari Holdings, Human Capital Department or alternatively email a cover letter, detailed CV and certified copies of relevant qualification certificates to email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no documents will be returned.
Telephone: + 264 61 225 333
CLOSING DATE: 20 September 2019 @17h00