Vacancy: Chief Investment Officer
We seek a dynamic and versatile individual, who will advise and develop the Kalahari Holdings and its subsidiaries investment strategy and related policies, develop investment operational plans to ensure the investment growth, quality of investments and overall achievement of the Group’s financial objectives and performance goals. The successful candidate will be strategically directing the investment management function of the group in order to maximize investment returns through a robust investment appraisal, structuring and continuous assessment and monitoring. As part of our EXCO team, the candidate will effectively identify, monitor and manage strategic and operational risks in the investment department and report on investment performances.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS: STRATEGIC AND OPERATIONAL PLANNING, ALIGNMENT AND EXECUTION
- Develop, implement and regularly review investment policies, guidelines and investment management procedures that supports Kalahari Holdings business strategy in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a proactive business generation approach to grow the group’s investment portfolio.
- Serve and act as a strategic advisor to EXCO, Board and the entire group on investments function.
- Develop investment operational plans to ensure investment growth, quality of investment and overall achievement of the Group’s financial objectives and performance goals.
- Oversee the processes and procedures to carry out the identification, investigation and execution of investment transactions and management thereof.
- Manage the strategic and operational risks in the investment department.
- Oversee the new equity investments.
- As a member of the EXCO team, contribute to the development and formulation of Kalahari Holdings corporate strategy.
- Oversee the implementation of the annual operational plan for the investment function and monitor the result of the implementation through the established processes and procedures
- Translate the interdependencies of the investment function within the company and group and facilitate understanding and communication.
- Lead the annual work plan meeting to devise the departmental budget for approval.
- Monitor and control the departmental budget spending by evaluating relevant reports and documentations.
- Approve expenditure claims and requests according to departmental requirements and company policy and procedure when required.
HUMAN RESOURCE LEADERSHIP AND DIRECTION
- Lead and manage the departmental team including aligning the departmental structure, directing functions, recruiting and selection of new staff members, setting performance targets, conducting performance reviews, providing feedback and coaching, address development needs, maintaining clear communication channels and sharing information and resolving high level queries, problem and conflicts in situations as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A Master’s degree in finance and accounting and / or economics, investment banking or any related qualification in the financial markets.
- A CFA qualification will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the field of investments or relevant financial management of which 5 years must be at managerial level.
- Sound strategic thinking skills and excellent organisational awareness.
- Knowledge of business processes design.
- Excellent ability to build relationships and to collaborate cross-functionally
- Excellent ability providing direction and coaching.
Suitably qualified Namibians are encouraged to apply and submit their applications at Kalahari Holdings Offices, Human Capital Department or email a cover letter, updated CV (not longer than 2 pages) and copies of latest relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no documents will be returned.
Telephone: + 264 61 225 333
CLOSING DATE: 14 February 2020 @17h00