Position: Property Maintenance Officer
Kalahari Holdings (Pty) Limited is a Namibian holding company that is involved in diverse and dynamic investment and business portfolios. The company invites suitably qualified and committed professionals to apply for the position.
The Property Maintenance Officer is responsible to provide support to the Property Manager in a range of functions associated with the overall management of properties including the day to day repairs & maintenance, construction, renovation and upgrading of properties.
Key performance areas:
• Responsible for arranging maintenance and repairs to properties.
• Prepare progress and property condition reports.
• Assist the Property Manager to do research and identify property development (land and property) opportunities.
• Assist in obtaining required permits and approvals pertaining to land use e.g. rezoning
• Assist in evaluating the feasibility of a development project.
• Assist with Budgeting or Obtaining Financing.
• Assist with the planning of property development, including the schedule and costs.
• Assist with Procurement and setting up tender evaluation criterion.
• Assist with assembling and coordinate development teams including architects, engineers, contractors, estate agents, etc.
• Assist with monitoring of development projects and supervise construction works to ensure timely completion.
• Obtaining permits and licenses required and keeping abreast of general industry development and building regulations.
• Ensuring that health and safety requirements are satisfied.
• Visit construction sites and advise on various activities.
• Supervise employees in the property department including maintenance team and security as well as external contractors or service providers to ensure timely completion of works.
• Ensure that proper filling a record keeping for contracts and work schedules.
• Facilitate property valuations gap analysis whenever necessary.
Education and Experience requirements
• A relevant B.Degree in Property Management
• A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the property maintenance position.
Key Competencies and Knowledge requirements
• Represent the business at various property development forums
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Excellent planning and organising skills;
• Ability to liaise and interact effectively at all level;
• Attention to detail and accuracy;
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
• Able to innovate and be creative;
• Problem-solving skills;
• Supervisory skills
• Ethical conduct and high integrity.
Candidates who meet the job requirements are invited to submit applications at Kalahari Holdings, Human Capital Department or alternatively email a cover letter, detailed CV and certified copies of relevant qualification certificates to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no documents will be returned.
Telephone: + 264 61 225 333
CLOSING DATE: Tuesday, 16 July 2019 @17h00